Lieberman RED – Rapid Enterprise Defense Identity Management makes it easy for you to manage privileged account passwords on hardware, databases, applications, services and more. This enterprise password management solution helps you comply with corporate policies and meet IT regulatory requirements.
Today’s regulatory mandates – including PCI DSS, SOX, HIPAA and others – require your privileged account passwords to be sufficiently unique, complex and frequently changed.
- With RED Identity Management it’s simple to configure settings for password strength to accommodate different management targets – including hardware, databases, and applications – that have set requirements for allowable passwords. This makes it easy for you to choose the right settings for every managed system.
- RED Identity Management helps you logically group all of your managed systems so you can configure specific policies for different types of systems and account types .
- RED Identity Management is unique for its ability to discover every location where a privileged account is being used or referenced, and to propagate password changes to all referenced locations across your network. This capability is especially critical for privileged credentials found in service and process accounts, and can help you avoid potential service disruptions and lockouts.
Schedule Password Changes with Less Effort
With RED Identity Management’s password generator, passwords are automatically randomized after use and can be changed on a scheduled basis. The options for scheduling are immediately, every hour, every day, every week, every month, every year or every n hours/days. The job can also be given a window of time to run (e.g. 1-3 AM).
This enterprise password management solution helps you schedule and monitor password changes with a minimum of effort, and lets you properly handle exceptions (in the event of a network issue or if a target system goes offline) so that any issues are reported, alerted and addressed.
- Because RED Identity Management organizes your password change jobs by systems (as opposed to accounts) you can update the same account on any number of machines with a single job so you can manage all of your password changes with the least effort. Once you create your password change jobs, RED Identity Management can process the changes without operator intervention.
- RED Identity Management also has the capability to reset individual passwords or groups of passwords on-demand, and to schedule automated checks to ensure that each password stored in the database correctly matches the current login for each target account.
Password constraints are configurable and control the password length and complexity. You can select which symbols to use or exclude, and whether the password may contain upper/lower case letters, symbols, or numbers.
You may select the positioning of characters/numbers/symbols within the password itself, and you may require a minimum number of upper/lower case characters, numbers or symbols. With RED Identity Management, passwords can be up to 127 characters in length, if/as allowed by the system being managed.
FIPS 140-2 Password Encryption
With RED Identity Management your passwords are encrypted in a backend database, with options that include military-grade AES encryption, a FIPS 140-2 software encryption module, higher levels of FIPS 140-2 compliance, and support for Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) that use PKCS#11. RED Identity Management also takes advantage of SSL encryption between its distributed modules, and between its web application and users’ machines, to protect passwords and other sensitive information.
RED Identity Management does not perform any of its own networking and does not require agents. This enterprise password management software commands its local host to perform connections and issue remote commands. All networking is a result of Windows to Windows communications for Windows-based targets, or via SSH 2.0 or Telnet connections for non-Windows platforms.
Administrators can quickly retrieve passwords for systems/ devices/ applications/ databases they are authorized to manage via a secure web portal. You may configure the web application to allow users to view passwords or simply log them into the target system via RDP/SSH/Telnet without ever displaying the password.
Contact us to learn more about how Lieberman Software can help you meet your organization’s enterprise password management needs.