Managing passwords securely is a difficult task. But with the integration between Lieberman Software and Okta, you achieve secure single sign-on (SSO) capabilities to ensure your credentials are protected and fresh.
Powered by SAML
In a world where credentials are constantly under attack, it’s essential to confirm that users are who they say they are and are coming in from secure endpoints. Okta provides the necessary security and protection in one central place to maximize effectiveness – all in a single, born in the cloud service. Those capabilities can now be used to authenticate your Lieberman RED – Rapid Enterprise Defense Identity Management users as well.
With native Okta support powered by SAML, your users gain the simple, clean log in experience they demand. And you are assured that exactly the right people have access to exactly the right privileges in exactly the right way.
RED Identity Management’s Okta support gives you the access you need to ensure maximum security and user satisfaction. With the Okta integration for RED Identity Management, you can:
- Keep administrative use workflow exactly the same but run the authentication at the RED Identity Management web UI through Okta – or simply have it use existing Okta sessions to log users in.
- Allow administrative users to access RED Identity Management via the same Okta portal through which they access all the rest of their applications by simply clicking on a badge.
- Leverage all the extra security measures Okta supports for RED Identity Management – multifactor authentication, rules governing time, location, and other aspects of authentication checking, as well as policies controlling the length and types of sessions a user may have.
- Use the full power of SAML to pass the authentication and authorization details needed to ensure security and accuracy.
- Simplify user lifecycle management by ensuring that any user cut off from Okta will also instantly lose their access to RED Identity Management and all the privileges managed there.
A Simple Path Forward for Existing Customers
If you’re a current RED Identity Management customer, you can preserve all of your existing policies and delegations when you switch over to Okta authentication. You can simply keep the authorization layer in RED Identity Management intact, but change the authentication to Okta immediately. With the check of one box, Okta can pass over information about the users’ that will connect to the information about the policies you already have in RED Identity Management.
You keep your same policies, but your users get Okta right away. Or you can start using your Okta identities and building new roles and policies based on those right now, too.
You can also watch the video: Okta SAML Authentication for Lieberman RED – Rapid Enterprise Defense Identity Management – A Demo.