Secure Access to Privileged Accounts
These keys to your IT kingdom exist on virtually every server and desktop operating system, business application, database, Web service, and network appliance in your organization – on-premises and in the cloud.
Risks of Unsecured Privileged Identities
Advanced cyber attacks are automated, persistent, and successful. Perimeter security tools, like firewalls, are ineffective against modern threats such as zero-day attacks, because they can only react to previously identified threats. Once the attackers penetrate your perimeter and gain a foothold inside your network, they exploit unsecured privileged credentials to move laterally in your environment at will.
Privileged identities aren’t controlled by conventional identity access management (IAM) systems, so in all likelihood:
- You do not know all of the privileged logins that exist on your network;
- You have no record of which privileged credentials are known to which in-house, partner and contractor personnel;
- You have no proof of who has used your privileged logins to access your IT resources, when, and for what purpose;
- You have no way to verify that each of your privileged credentials are cryptographically strong, unique, and changed often.
Controlling Privileged Access
Lieberman Software’s adaptive privileged identity management platform compartmentalizes cyber intruders so they can’t move laterally throughout your network by:
- Delivering real-time automated credential management to accelerate response to cyber threats.
- Changing credentials to stop a breach in progress when an intrusion is detected.
- Working with existing security frameworks to provide coordinated responses to detected threats.
- Maintaining an active cyber defense by automatically rotating credentials on a schedule.
- Addressing cyber threats across dependent systems and accounts to ensure threats don’t spread.
How It Works
Our adaptive privileged identity management solution manages the lifecycle of the privileged credentials on your cross-platform enterprise through a four-part process:
Identify and document critical IT assets, their privileged accounts and their interdependencies.
Enforce rules for password complexity, diversity, and change frequency, and synchronize changes across all dependencies.
Delegate access to privileged credentials so that only appropriate personnel, using the least privilege required, can log into IT assets.
Audit and alert so that the requester, purpose, and duration of each privileged access request is documented and monitored.
Learn More About Privileged Identity Management
This solution is delivered via our Adaptive Privilege Management platform. Get started by visiting our platform overview page: